Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first taste that many people get of Hesse is the major transport hub that is Frankfurt International Airport. A quick tram journey from there would bring you to the city of Frankfurt itself, but which river runs through the city centre?
2. Although Frankfurt is by far the largest city in Hesse, it is not the capital. This honour goes to which spa town?
3. Those that like outdoor activities might want to spend some time in the Lahn Valley. If you were to do so, which of the following places would you definitely NOT come across whilst you were there?
4. One of the highlights of the university city of Marburg is the 13th century St. Elisabeth's Church. Considered as one of the finest in Germany, in what style was it built?
5. The town of Kassel comes to prominence in the art world when it hosts a contemporary arts show that last for 100 days. Previously showcasing works by prominent artists such as Christo, what is the show called?
6. In Hesse lies the burial place of Germany's patron saint, St. Boniface. An important figure in the development of Christianity in central Europe, in which city's cathedral would you find his tomb?
7. The Fairy Tale Road consists of many places and crosses a number of German states. One such place is Hanau. This was the birthplace of which pair of brothers, whose folk tales included "Hansel and Gretel" and "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" among many others?
8. The Messel Pit has been recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. What have been most famously discovered there?
9. Not many places get a chemical element named after them, but one Hessian city has been given this honour. Where?
10. The remains of a monastic complex at Lorsch serve as a reminder of what was once a prominent religious centre. Containing buildings over 1,000 years old, with which Middle Ages dynasty is it most associated?
Source: Author ajwtimperley
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.