Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What franchise was first opened in Joliet, Illinois, on June 22, 1940?
2. Which of these is NOT a nickname of Chicago?
3. Who is the only US President to be born in Illinois?
4. What's unusual about Ahlgrim's Funeral Home in Palatine?
5. A replica of what famous landmark stands in the town of Niles?
6. Which of these towns did NOT host one of the famous Lincoln- Douglas debates?
7. Who was dragged from the Old Carthage Jail and assassinated by a mob in Carthage on June 27, 1844?
8. What famous American orator and Presidential candidate was born in Salem in 1860?
9. What famous gangster was shot by the FBI outside of Chicago's Biograph Theatre onJuly 22, 1934?
10. In Springfield you can tour the home of this poet, who was known as the 'Prairie Troubador'.
Source: Author bullymom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.