Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The E15 Euroroute begins at a city called 'The Capital of the Highlands'. Where are we?
2. Travelling for a little over 100 miles in a south-easterly direction from where the E15 starts, we arrive at a city made famous in the title of a novel by Sir Walter Scott. That city is?
3. We travel south from where the E15 starts, southeasterly as the crow flies. The first major city reached after crossing into England is the cultural centre of the county of Tyne and Wear. Which city is this?
4. We've travelled 400 miles south from where the E15 starts, and rest overnight in which city? It is famous as the venue for 'Classic' horse races the St Leger and the Lincolnshire Handicap.
5. We travel southwards through London, to a port and holiday resort on the English Channel where we, with our car, are transported to the doorstep of a huge shopping centre in France. Our departure point from England is?
6. We've crossed the English Channel and head through Paris to the third largest city in France. The Rhone and Saone rivers converge here and the city was a stronghold of the French Resistance during WW2. We're in _______ .
7. This town is close to the Spanish border. It is situated in the wine-growing Languedoc region of France. Where are we?
8. We're in an ancient walled city, located high above the river Onyar. The city's name is ______ .
9. Our next destination is the second largest city in Valencia, located on the Costa Blanca. We must now drive to ________ .
10. Yesterday we bathed in the warm waters of the Mediterranean, sampled a local paella and imbibed a few glasses of Sangria before retiring. Today we have reached Algeciras. Can you hazard a guess on the mileage covered from our starting point in Scotland to the end of the E15 in this Spanish port?
Source: Author sunfloweruk23
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.