Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Many tourists flock to this beautiful island on the south coast of Korea every year. It is often called the "Hawaii of Korea." Its capital city is Jeju. Can you name this island?
2. One of the more prominent features of this island is called Hawk Rock. It is perhaps better known for the "Miracle of Moses" phenomenon. What is the name of this west coast island?
3. This lonely pair of rocks located in the East Sea is controlled by South Korea, but the ownership is contested, albeit mildly, by Japan. The Japanese name of this place is "Takeshima."
4. This island is an increasingly popular tourist destination. It is known as Dagelet Island to the original European cartographers.
5. You may have discovered by now that a certain suffix in Korean, means island. Which suffix is it?
6. In late November, 2010, this island was inexplicably shelled by North Korean forces, resulting in four South Korean casualties. What is the name of this island?
7. No one lives on this island and it is relatively obscure. It may be recognizable, though since it happens to be the name of a very popular movie made in South Korea. What is the name of this island or film?
8. There is a very famous dog associated with this island. You may be familiar with its name. It also happens to be the third largest island in South Korea. What is the name?
9. This island is described as "Seoul's Island of Parks." It also happens to be a significant banking district. Yo! What is the name of this island?
10. How many islands would you imagine exist in Korea? The number may surprise you.
Source: Author christopherm
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.