Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the principal color of New Mexico's original flag?
2. The eastern border of New Mexico has an irregularity in the northern corner with Oklahoma. How many miles further east is New Mexico's eastern border with Oklahoma compared to Texas?
3. New Mexico's northern border with Colorado is a straight line.
4. Who was New Mexico's first United States senator?
5. What is the scientific name of New Mexico's state bird?
6. Who designed the present New Mexico State capitol (a.k.a. The Roundhouse)?
7. Where were the words "I am become death, the shatterer of worlds" most famously uttered in New Mexico?
8. In 2005 New Mexcio gave a statue of Po'pay to the National Statuary Hall to complete the collection. Each state gives two statues. Who was depicted in New Mexico's first donated statue?
9. New Mexico ranks fifth in area of the fifty United States. How does New Mexico stack up for mean elevation?
10. What is the only county in New Mexico named after a vice president?
Source: Author olsongt
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LilahDeDah
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.