Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Great Barrier Reef stretches an amazing 2,600 km along Australia's eastern shore. Near which body of water, which separates Australia from the island of New Guinea, can the northernmost part of this stunning reef be found?
2. The Twelve Apostles, located in Victoria, are a group of rock formations jutting out of the sea situated just off the coast from which historic Australian road?
3. Einstein maintained that God didn't play dice with the universe. Which site in the Northern Territory of Australia appears to be the remnants of a different biblical game?
4. Sydney Harbour, and its iconic bridge, are known around the world, but what wider body of water contains Sydney Harbour?
5. Which picturesque wine region, noted for its German influence, is located northeast of Adelaide?
6. Wave Rock, a truly unique sight, is located near the Western Australian town of Hyden, and is primarily composed of which igneous rock?
7. As the 'Opal Capital of the World', you'll certainly be able to see opal mines at Coober Pedy. What other unusual attractions will you find there?
8. At the iconic Umoona Museum's Aboriginal Interpretive Centre, visitors can see an authentic 'wiltja' - what is a wiltja?
9. Kakadu National Park, an oasis in the outback, is truly one of the great wonders of Australia. In which state or territory will you find this UNESCO World Heritage Site?
10. Which island, a short ferry trip from Victoria Point in Brisbane, Queensland, has a name which means 'red rock' in the native Aboriginal language, and is home to koalas, emus, possums, and a flock of wild peacocks?
Source: Author eburge
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.