Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first woman to run in the Boston Marathon wearing a race number?
2. Who was the first woman to be the nominee for president of either the Democratic or Republican party in a United States presidential election?
3. Many sports have seen the emergence of women athletes in their ranks. American football has been a late adopter. Who is the first woman to receive a college football scholarship in a U.S. Division II or higher school?
4. Many women have been influential in Jewish history, but who was the first woman ordained as a rabbi?
5. Although not the first woman to serve in the United States Senate, who was the first woman elected to that body?
6. You probably know that Chuck Yeager was the first aircraft pilot to break the sound barrier, but who was the first woman to do so?
7. Who was the first woman credited as discovering a comet?
8. In another male-dominated profession, who was the first woman to compete in the Indianapolis 500 auto race?
9. The breakfast cereal Wheaties is famous for having photos of athletes on the box. Who was the first woman to appear on a Wheaties box?
10. The first woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize was from the Austrian Empire. Who was this pioneering woman?
Source: Author ArlingtonVA
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.