Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which city appointed Alice Wells as the first American policewoman in 1910?
2. Anna Mansdotter was the last woman to be executed in which of these countries?
3. Which of these UK cities was the first to have a Boot's (the Chemists) shop?
4. In which of these events did Charlotte Cooper (1871-1967) win the first Olympic gold medal for women?
5. In which European country did the police first use plaster casts to preserve footprints at a crime scene?
6. Which famous sporting first was won by Maurice Garin in 1903?
7. What was the nickname given by fellow inmates to Ronald O'Bryan, one of the first in the USA to be executed by lethal injection?
8. Lord Lovat was the last person to endure which of these in public in Britain in 1747?
9. What did Mary Kies achieve in the US in 1809 (being the first woman to do so anywhere in the world)?
10. Who was the first actress to appear on postage stamps?
Source: Author fiachra
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.