Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which war hero served as a general in the Battle of Shiloh? In addition, he was the 18th president.
2. The Battle of Chancellorsville was a victory for the Confederacy, but at a price. What was the price?
3. Which Civil War general served as governor of New Jersey (Democrat, 1878-1881) and is buried in Trenton?
4. Clara Barton is one of the famous women of the Civil War. What was her profession and why is she famous?
5. Abolitionist and reformer, Frederick Douglass, was born a slave.
6. This man was considered a hero and martyr by the North and a villain by the South. An abolitionist, he led a revolt to raid an arsenal, at Harper's Ferry, VA. Who is he?
7. Harriet Tubman was a conductor on the ____________?
8. Joshua Chamberlain was a Confederate hero during the Civil War.
9. Philip Sheridan took Atlanta, Georgia and went on a "March to the Sea".
10. Although he wasn't a war hero, he kept the U.S. stable during the civil war. Who was the 16th president of the U.S.?
Source: Author ladramakween
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.