Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The forerunner of the present Dutch Labour Party (PvdA), named Social Democratic Labourers' Party (SDAP) was founded in 1894.
2. What is the last name of the first leader of the SDAP?
3. At the end of World War I, Mr. Troelstra, went to Russia in revolution in order to get help for a socialist revolution in Holland.
4. When did the SDAP for the first time take part in a Dutch government?
5. What is the last name of the first Dutch socialist prime minister?
6. How many socialist prime ministers have there been in Holland up to 2003?
7. The fourth and last government led by Willem Drees came to an end in ...
8. In 1966 a group of self proclaimed reformers, Nieuw Links (New Left) tried to give a new programme to the Labour Party. What is the name of the document in which they stated their demands?
9. In 1973 Joop den Uyl managed to form the most leftist government in Dutch history. It consisted of five parties. Apart from the Labour Party, the Catholics (KVP) and the Anti-Revolutionaries (ARP) these were:
10. After a landslide victory in 1977, Joop den Uyl formed a second cabinet.
Source: Author StefanL
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.