Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What empire did Italy conquer in 1936?
2. Francis IV of Modena ruled Modena and later also various other states in northern Italy from 1814-1846. A member of the House of Habsburg, he was a notorious reactionary. What did he do to those revolutionaries who were not put to death?
3. The Roman Empire 'began' when who took the throne?
4. Which of these dates is widely acknowledged as the start of the Italian Renaissance?
5. Who built the original St. Peter's Basilica?
6. In what year was the 'Rule of the Popes' interrupted by 'The Roman Republic'?
7. During whose reign was Rome annexed into The French Empire?
8. Which of these was NOT one of the Seven Hills of Rome?
9. When did Italy enter WWI on the Entente side?
10. Who was Giuseppe Garibaldi?
Source: Author ker1992
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.