Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Rome was founded in 753 BC according to which legend?
2. An Assembly of Tribes was a group of patricians representing the 35 tribes of Rome.
3. When did Rome finally destroy Carthage (in the Third Punic War)?
4. What is the Roman city that was buried under ash and rock in a pyroclastic volcanic eruption in 79 AD?
5. Who were the five "Good Emperors"?
6. Who was the consul and general who won battles in Gaul?
7. What did Octavian change his name to?
8. Which of these of Roman-built roads of layered stone is still in use today?
9. Which of the following was NOT an achievement of the Romans?
10. Which of these groups sacked Rome in AD410?
11. What is the Pantheon?
12. Where did the Etruscans originally come from (according to Herodotus)?
13. Who was Cicero?
14. Horace urged the people of Rome to lead simple lives.
15. What was the First Triumvirate?
Source: Author monkisexxifuzz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.