Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what year was Rome founded by Romulus according to traditional myth?
2. Rome learned the city-state form of government from which people?
3. A classic Roman tale "Horatius at the Bridge", which depicts a brave Roman warrior, was written by many others, but most notably Livy (who portrayed Horatius surviving the encounter), and another author who depicts Horatius dying. Who is this other author?
4. In 387 BC, a group of people sacked the city of Rome. It would be the last time they'd be ravaged like that for another 797 years. Which people did this to Rome?
5. It was because of a war with what people that Rome was forced to build their first road?
6. What King of Pontus would find himself crushed by the Roman army and later forced out of Egypt?
7. Rome would eventually annex every part of the Mediterranean that contained at least some Greek influence. The last of these was Egypt. What year was this?
8. Caesar Augustus - What was he originally known as?
9. Julius Caesar was assassinated by Brutus. But who was Brutus' main accomplice?
10. Pontius Pilate, the famous _________ of Judea, who was forced into sentencing Jesus to death.
Source: Author Kevzilla
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.