Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A beautiful scent is released just by brushing through fields and fields of purple tipped lavender. Which family of plants does it belong to?
2. What is the common name for the highly scented Plumeria?
3. "I am the rose of Sharon, and the _____________. As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters." Which scented flower is missing from this quote taken from the Song of Solomon 2:1?
4. At what time of day is the scent of the flower species Matthiola longipetala at its most intense?
5. The beautifully scented Nicotiana belongs to the same family as the deadly nightshade.
6. Cestrum nocturnum is known as "Queen of the Night" in India because of its sweetly intoxicating scent. What is it otherwise known as?
7. Which German botanist was the honeysuckle named after?
8. In Greek mythology, which beautiful youth was loved by both Apollo and Zephyr, but was made into a flower from his spilled blood when he was killed by a discus?
9. I am prevalent in Asia and the Chinese call me 'zhi zi'. I belong to the coffee plant family (Rubiacaea) and I turn a brown shade if water touches my white flowers. What am I?
10. Amorphophallus titanum (Titan arum) is believed to be the stinkiest flower in the world! What is its more common name?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.