Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which herb, which shares its name with the owner of the fictional 'Fawlty Towers' hotel in Torquay England, is a basic ingredient of the Italian condiment pesto?
2. Which herb with pretty purple flowers has a light onion flavour and is often used in potato salad?
3. A sauce made of which herb is traditionally served with roast lamb in the UK?
4. Which herb, which is named after an ancient Roman City in Catalonia in Spain, is an important ingredient of tartare sauce?
5. Which sturdy herb with needle like leaves and purple, pink and blue flowers is often used in lamb dishes?
6. This herb is often used with onion and bread crumbs to make a stuffing for chicken or pork dishes. Its name can also be used to refer to a wise old person. What is it called?
7. This herb's Latin name is Thymus vulgaris. It is an evergreen aromatic herb and is of the mint family. Can you tell me its name?
8. Which herb with beautiful fragrant flowers is very calming and relaxing, and is often used under pillows or placed inside bed sheets in storage to promote sleep?
9. The flowers of an herb are never edible. Only the leaves and/or roots of a herb can be eaten. True or false?
10. This small plant with dark green leaves is native to the Mediterranean area but now grown all over the world. It is used for both culinary and medicinal purposes and valued for its antioxidant properties. Can you name it?
Source: Author Serenesh
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.