Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I couldn't believe what I saw when I walked into the kitchen. The chef (torturer) was slicing the skin off those poor vegetables. Then he boiled the peeled carcasses in water, drained them, and squished them into a mush with a wicked-looking implement, adding butter and milk to hide what he had done.
What poor vegetables were treated so horribly?
2. What some people will stoop to will never cease to amaze me. He dropped the vegetables whole in boiling water, salted for maximum pain. After they had been cooked alive, the chef cooled them off, then ripped their skins off with his bare hands. The blood-red staining of his fingers was not easily hidden. Then, he dropped them into a briny fluid... what kind of sick person was this, keeping such ghastly evidence preserved in glass jars for the world to see?
What vegetables met such a sickening demise?
3. These vegetables tried to protect themselves by producing toxic leaves, but to no avail. The chef simply dropped the leaves in a compost heap (mass grave), and proceeded to dice the stalks. Such cruelty! The dismembered bits were then mixed with a number of other things (it can only have been done to hide the evidence), placed into a shallow dish, and thrust into an oven set at an excruciatingly high temperature!
What vegetables were treated with such cavalier cruelty?
4. I shuddered to see the chef rip these vegetables apart with his bare hands before subjecting them to a scalding steam. Afterwards, he made things even worse by pouring a hot melted cheese over their tender green heads. The devil couldn't think up worse!
What vegetables were subjected to this torture?
5. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the torturing chef actually SHRED these poor vegetables into tiny bits. It was impossible to even recognize what they had once looked like, so round and perfect. The chef didn't even bother to turn to heat to continue his cruelty - I guess the shredding was sufficient. Why add insult to injury with the buttermilk and mayonnaise, though? That I couldn't figure out.
What vegetables were so viciously slaughtered?
6. I had to avert my eyes as the sadistic chef continued his murderous ways. This time he mercilessly ripped off the vegetables' ears before submersing them naked in boiling water. That was it, but isn't that enough? I shuddered to think what was next for the poor vegetables when they were laid out like so many bodies, salt and sticks of butter ready and waiting.
What vegetables had been treated so harshly?
7. The next thing I saw actually made me believe (for a brief moment) that this chef had some remorse for his heinous acts. As he proceeded to cut into these vegetables, he began to cry! Yet despite this outward show of emotion, it didn't stop him from throwing the pieces into a pan to be fried in hot oil. I was flabbergasted!
What vegetables met this fate?
8. I could understand why these vegetables had tried to hide in the ground - their orange colour made them stand out, even from a distance. The vicious chef proceeded to peel off their beautiful skin, then vivisect them into long strips. I exclaimed, "what are you doing to them!?" He replied with a bloodless calm that made me shiver, "Julienning."
What vegetables were being treated so?
9. The things that I had seen this chef do with a knife up till now had appalled me, but that paled in comparison to what I saw next. The only word I can think of is 'minced'. By the time the chef was done, the vegetables were totally unrecognizable! And then, all he did was use the aromatic bits to continue his dark arts with OTHER vegetables and *shudder* meats.
What vegetables had been made so unrecognizable?
10. The last thing I saw before I passed out chilled me to the bone. That sick, twisted person that called himself a chef reached a new low. He ripped a number of pods off a mother plant, then proceeded to crack them open in a motion that reminded me of twisting necks. Not even bothering to hide his despicability, he yanked the babies out and popped them into his mouth, crunching them in what I can only describe as a sickeningly self-satisfied fashion.
What vegetables had he killed so brazenly?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.