Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The New Jersey boardwalk staple saltwater taffy was first created in which shore city in the 1880s?
2. Pizza is a quintessential Jersey boardwalk food. However, one will also find Jersey tomato pies at pizzerias up and down the boardwalk. What is a tomato pie?
3. Although it is a favorite of Philadelphia, cheesesteaks are a Jersey Shore staple. What kind of cheese is most likely to be found on a cheesesteak?
4. How is a funnel cake prepared?
5. In order to be declared fudge, the treat must contain chocolate.
6. Just as how New Jersey makes a better Philly cheesesteak than Pennsylvania does, the state also bests Maryland in cooking up its most famous regional cuisine. What kind of sea creature is featured in the sandwich pictured?
7. The delicious frozen treat pictured is not ice cream but the Jersey Shore snack frozen custard. What makes frozen custard different from ice cream?
8. Another common boardwalk meal is sausage and which other item?
9. The boardwalk candy commonly called wax bottles are actually called what?
10. If you are strolling along the boardwalk at Seaside and stop at a lemonade stand for a drink, which thing will NOT be true about the lemonade you buy?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.