Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There are three types of meat that are commonly served as part of a soul food dinner. The first is an organ meat that's not pronounced the way that it is spelled. It's called chitterlings, but it's pronounced "chit-lins". They're quite tasty. What are they?
2. Another meat commonly served as part of a soul food dinner is another pork meat. It can be plain or smoked. Watch out for the thick skin, though, especially if you're watching your cholesterol! Which meat am I referring to?
3. Another meat commonly served as part of a soul food dinner is chicken. How do we prepare it?
4. Now that our meats are covered, let's move on to vegetables. There are usually four different vegetables to pick from or to mix and match. One is this tasty starch (carbohydrate). It can be candied, baked or even fried. What vegetable is it?
5. Another nutritious, healthy vegetable for our meal is greens. Which of the following have NOT been part of the 'traditional' soul food dinner?
6. Another vegetable we may choose is a curious-"looking" vegetable with a curious name. What is it?
7. Our final vegetable alternative is another starch, which is usually a no-no. Perhaps we'll have just a little taste. Though this dish is available in convenient boxed mixes, we may prefer to prepare our own. What are we referring to?
8. Now, let's move on to our bread. Which bread is the usual accompaniment for a genuine soul food meal?
9. Now it's time to talk about dessert! Depending on the season and our taste buds, we have two traditional alternatives for our soul food dinner. The first is a delicious, fruit-filled pastry dish, usually with a double crust. Which dessert am I describing?
10. Around Thanksgiving or Christmas time, we may prefer a more seasonal dessert. This pie makes a suitable choice. (There's just something about pies and soul-food dinners!) What is our seasonal alternative to our usual pastry dessert?
Source: Author TC1261
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.