Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There's nothing like a warm bowl of fragrant French onion soup on a cold winter day. What usually tops a properly prepared bowl of delicious French onion soup?
2. Mulligatawny soup is a delicious and refreshing creamy chicken concoction that comes to us from which country?
3. The name of this delightful vegetable soup is derived from the Latin word meaning 'to serve up', and it certainly is served up in a abundance at Italian restaurants everywhere. What is the fitting name for this excellent soup dish?
4. Typically, which of these soups would never be served cold?
5. If you've ever been to Louisiana you were probably fortunate to have sampled a taste of the soup/stew dish known as 'gumbo'. The name Gumbo originates from an Bantu (African language) term for what vegetable?
6. The words corresponding to 'soup' in this language include tang, jigae and guk. At what sort of restaurant would you be employing these terms?
7. For a wonderful experience, you might try the luxurious creamy French soup called billi bi. Which seafood item gives this soup its special flavor?
8. True or false: There are several famed recipes for various soups in which a fruit (or several fruits) is the main ingredient
9. From which culture do we get a wonderful lemon rice soup with a creamy chicken stock and egg base?
10. The Chinese certainly love their soups! The famed 'hot and sour' soup that you find in Chinese restaurants is always a satisfying treat. What type of mushrooms will you typically find in this flavorful liquid masterpiece?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.