Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This French-inspired cold soup is traditionally made with pureed leeks and potatoes. It was probably first invented at the Ritz Carlton.
2. This Vietnamese cold soup is actually a dessert. It is made by mixing various kinds of beans, tapioca, local fruits and coconut milk.
3. This cold soup is a variety of gazpacho from Andalusia, Spain. It is tomato based with hard boiled eggs and Serrano ham added.
4. This Russian cold soup has a name that means "to crumble". Ingredients include raw cucumbers and onions, potatoes and a meat.
5. This Eastern European cold soup is sometimes used as a dipping sauce. It is yogurt based with walnuts and garlic added.
6. This Korean cold soup translates to "cold soup". It consists of a clear broth made from water and vinegar, cucumbers and garlic.
7. This next soup is usually served hot but can be cold too. It is made from beets, which give the soup its bright pink color.
8. This cold soup is an appetizer from Spain. It is made from soaked bread, almonds, garlic and vinegar. It is typically garnished with fruit.
9. This Swedish cold soup is a dessert soup. It is made from dried fruit such as raspberries and cranberries.
10. This last cold soup is from Korea. It is essentially noodles served in a cold beef broth. Sometimes it is garnished with an egg.
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.