Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which part of the US did the automat first appear?
2. How did you pay for your food at early automats?
3. The people who exchanged currency for coins were known as "nickel throwers".
4. There was something unique about the coffee servers in Horn and Hardart automats. The spouts were in the shape of what aquatic mammal?
5. How were customers assured of always getting fresh food?
6. Which of the following was NOT an attraction of eating in an automat?
7. Who was likely to be a customer of an automat?
8. Horn and Hardart was once the largest restaurant chain in the US based on number of people served.
9. Horn and Hardart had retail stores that sold prepackaged portions of their automat food. What motto did they use for the retail stores?
10. Which of the following is NOT a reason the automats were phased out?
Source: Author deputygary
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.