Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Founded in November of 1969, in Columbus, Ohio, this successful fast food chain specializes in square-shaped hamburgers, and the ever popular Frosty.
2. The first one of these restaurants was built in Downey, California in 1962. At one point, their commercials featured a lovable talking chihuahua.
3. This restaurant was first opened in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1965. In 1999 an Indiana University student named Jared Fogle became their spokesman after, on a diet of mostly their food, he lost 245 pounds.
4. Founded by Forrest and Leroy Raffel of Ohio, in 1964, this restaurant was based on the idea that fast food didn't necessarily need to mean hamburgers.
5. Started in 1954, in Miami, Florida, this restaurant uses the slogan "Have it Your Way". It was also one of the first fast food restaurants to do promotion for movies. In 1977, they released a set of collectible glasses with the characters from the movie "Star Wars IV: A New Hope".
6. The food at this restaurant was actually being made back in 1929. It wasn't until 1952 that it was turned into a franchise by Harland Sanders and Pete Harman, and sold in mass quantities.
7. Founded in 1969 in Lexington, Kentucky, this restaurant used to feature blue roofs on their Cape Cod-style buildings. They also feature a menu far different from most fast food restaurants.
8. Ray Kroc founded this franchise in 1955, in Des Plaines, Illinois. In 1987, this restaurant started building little playgrounds attached to the building for kids to play on and around.
9. The formula for the soft serve ice cream sold at this restaurant was created in 1938 by John Fremont McCullough and his son Alex. The first store was opened in 1940 in Joliet, Illinois, a city about 40 miles from Chicago.
10. Started in 1953 in Shawnee, Oklahoma, this restaurant was originally a small root beer stand. People would park anywhere, and walk up and place their orders.
Source: Author Castlefreaky
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.