Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's say that you are listening to the news and hear that some Americans were killed by "friendly fire". Which of the following terms best describes "friendly fire"?
2. Which of the following examples is or should be considered a "misnomer"?
3. "An expression which has lost its effectiveness due to frequent use and familiarity". Which of the following answers has this definition?
4. A palindrome can only be effective if you are using words.
5. Which of the following words has a homophone?
6. What is the difference between a simile and a metaphor?
7. Regional dialect in the SAME country can give different names to the same thing?
8. You may find words in the dictionary that are not actually considered to be real words. They have a little parenthetical section next to them to explain this. Examples of this are "ain't" and "phat". What is this type of word?
9. If you capitalize the first letter in a word, it will automatically retain the same meaning.
10. Which is the correct pluralization of the following four words? moose, deer, mouse, and monkey.
Source: Author superferd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.