Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Paradigm shift! How is this oft abused term defined by Kuhn?
2. Which of the following is NOT an example of a paradigm shift?
3. According to Kuhn, what is 'normal science'?
4. In Kuhn's view, how does a crisis arise during a period of 'normal science'?
5. As described by Kuhn, what is a typical reaction of the scientific community to dissident theories?
6. According to Kuhn, the academic rigors of school train students to become scientists who do what?
7. According to Kuhn, for a 'dissident' theory to replace the current paradigm, i.e. set into motion a scientific revolution, must it put forth sufficiently novel ideas which attract a loyal group of adherents?
8. 'Kuhn believes that rival paradigms are commensurable.' Is this statement true or false?
9. How does Kuhn describe the processes carried out by scientists during the period of normal science?
10. Which of the following options is a probable resolution of a crisis in the scientific community?
Source: Author Antwell
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.