Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. With bulging fluid lines resembling something from outer space, what is the style of modern architecture as shown in the image?
2. Slabs of raw concrete appear to be placed haphazardly in this modern architectural design style known as what?
3. The Rietveld Schroder House completed in 1924 is said to be the only true example of which style of architecture?
4. The Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs held in Paris in 1925 saw the start of which architectural movement?
5. An abstract building with a sense of movement will give you which style of Russian architecture?
6. Which of these is NOT a characteristic of sustainable architecture?
7. Le Corbusier was an early 20th century architect who advocated the use of modern designs influential in which technique of development?
8. Buildings meet nature in which style of architecture that can take on natural forms including the characteristics of plants or animals?
9. The early to middle part of the 20th century saw the expansion of movie making, and with it houses suited to the warm Californian climate of Hollywood. What type of architecture dominated in this region?
10. Let us not forget that architecture is not just aimed at the design of structures on earth, but also those in space. What was the destination of Zarya, launched from Kazakhstan in 1998?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.