Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The photo shows the entrance to The Hoover Building in Ealing. Originally built as a factory to produce vacuum cleaners, in 2018 work was completed to turn the building into which of these?
2. The Barber Institute of Fine Arts was opened in 1939, and is located on the campus of which university, located in England's second city?
3. This imposing building is called The Forum, and is situated in Bath. Between its opening in 1934 until 1969, it contained which form of popular entertainment?
4. The Philharmonic Hall in the photo dates from 1939 and is located on Hope Street, well known for having a cathedral at each end of it. In which city, equally renowned for its pop music, could you attend a concert at this venue?
5. This imposing building is located on the Victoria Embankment in London. It was built to accommodate the headquarters of the company which produced Sunlight soap, and has which name?
6. The name above the entrance is Airport House, which tells you that this impressive facade hides the airport which was London's main international base from 1920 until after World War II. Where is it located?
7. This relatively modern cathedral was not finished until the 1960s, and is located on the outskirts of the county town of Surrey. It is also the seat of the diocese bearing the name of the town, so which of these is it?
8. The Midland Hotel in Morecambe, has two seahorses above its main entrance. They were created by which twentieth century sculptor, known for his involvement with the Arts and Crafts Movement?
9. Sheffield Central Library, you won't be surprised to know, houses a large number of books. Which of these, sounding rather serious, is also located there in the early twenty-first century?
10. Quite a few railway stations were built in the Art Deco style. This one, located in Warwickshire, is in which town, one of those which has the 'Royal' prefix?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.