Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Hello my friends! My name is Marcus Brutus, and I am a citizen of Rome. Today is a special day in my country, for a new leader is about to be crowned. He is a very good friend of mine, and his name is Julius Caesar. Now while I love Julius, I feel our old leader was more fit to rule our country. Can you tell me the name of my old ruler?
2. Did you hear that cheer? The crowning ceremony must be starting. I however, am not going to be there. Instead of going to the ceremony this man keeps bothering me and holding me up. He is telling me Caesar is not fit to rule Rome, and I have to say I agree with him. This man is very intelligent, and has come up with a nasty plan. Can you tell me the name of this man?
3. I finally got away from him! He was talking about some dark things, so I had to get out of there. He and his friends are going to try to kill Caesar, and they want my help! I don't know what I'm going to do. After I left he was still mumbling something to himself, and I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. He said he was going to do something tonight, but I don't know what it was. Did you happen to hear what he was going to do tonight?
4. Well the ides of March have come and that means a month has passed. I have had time to think about my decision, and I have decided I'm going to join the group of conspirators against Caesar. We are meeting in my quarters to discuss the plan of his death. While we are discussing the plan one of the conspirators, Cassius, brings up killing a friend of Caesar. However, I convince Cassius that we should spare him, for he is no threat to us. What is the name of the man we are sparing?
5. It's all set. The meeting is over and the plan is ready. I'm still uneasy about what I'm doing, and to make things worse, after my fellow conspirators left, I was bothered by my wife. She can tell I'm uneasy about what's going on (even though she doesn't really know what's going on) and she's annoying me with a bunch of questions. Can you tell me the name of my curious wife?
6. That was a close call! Our plan was almost ruined by two different people! First Calphurnia told Caesar not to go to the capitol because she had a bad dream in which he died a bloody death, and he almost listened to her. The second was a man with a note that contained every detail about our plan! He was a real problem. What was the name of this man?
7. It finally happened. The deed is done and Caesar is dead. We stabbed him repeatedly, and as he was dying he looked at me and uttered a phrase I will never forget. Can you tell me what his dying words were?
8. Now that Caesar is dead it's time for me to announce it. I will go before the public and speak. I tell them that his murder was for the good of Rome, and that they should be happy. They're on my side and they agree I have done a great thing for my country! Now it is Mark Antony's turn to speak. He turns the crowd against me, and after he is done the crowd becomes angry at us conspirators. We eventually are forced to flee the city. Where do we go to hide?
9. The stress of being hated by a whole country must be getting to me. While I was in my tent it looked as if I saw something...or someone rather. It tells me that it will soon see me again, in Phillipi. Can you tell me what I saw?
10. Well, this looks like this is my final moment. My last fellow conspirator, Cassius, and I made it to Phillipi. Here we met Antony, and Octavius Caesar. The battle began and during the battle Cassius sent Titinius over toward our camp, which was on fire, to see if the soldiers there were friend or foe. When it appeared as if they had captured him Cassius was struck with grief, and ended his life. Now I will end my own life the same way. After my death Antony and Octavius had some things to say, and Octavius decided what was to become of my body. What is Octavius going to do with my dead body?
Source: Author Bubnel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.