Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "A Tale of Two Cities", published in 1859, tells the story of the plight of the French peasantry under the French aristocracy in the years before the revolution. Which famous English author wrote this story?
2. "Nine Tomorrows" was collection of short stories written by a pioneer of the science fiction genre. Can you remember who that person was?
3. Tom Clancy is famous for his thriller novels, and here is one with a number in the title. The series that this book is part of is also part of a series of video games with the same name. What is the name of this novel?
4. Another thriller novel, this time by Alistair McLean. This novel combines the genres of spy novel and detective novel, and involves the hijacking of some cargo ships in the Irish Sea. What is the name of this book?
5. "Slaughterhouse-Five" is a science fiction novel about World War II and journeys through time of a soldier. Who was the author of this novel?
6. Which famous US novel, written in 1962 by Ken Kesey, features a character called Chief Bromden, and is set in an asylum in Oregon?
7. Agatha Christie was, and still is, the mistress of detective fiction, having written a host of thrilling novels that are among the most popular today. Which novel of hers, published in 1927, is a series of short cases involving a group of villains, rather than one big crime?
8. "The House of the Seven Gables" is considered one of the classics of American literature. Can you remember the author of this fine book?
9. Alexandre Dumas, a famous French author, wrote many classic novels in his time, but none more so than this well-known book with a number in the title. The characters in this novel live by the phrase, 'all for one and one for all'. Can you guess the book?
10. The final book in this quiz is another Agatha Christie classic. Ten people, who had previously committed murder but walked free because of technicalities, are lured into going to an island. They are then mysteriously picked off, one by one. What is the name of this novel?
Source: Author eburge
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.