Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Sir Horace calls his darling daughter "my little Sophy". Why is this appellation decidedly comical?
2. The Honorable Charles Rivenhall, Sophy's cousin and nemesis, holds complete power over his family. Why?
3. Sophy arrives at her cousins' house like a whirlwind. She brings various gifts for the children, including noisome pets. Which animal does she NOT have in tow?
4. Charles Rivenhall is completely against his sister Cecilia marrying a penniless poet. When Sophy learns of his opposition, what does she do?
5. Sophy is quite an anomaly in the eyes of her well-bred relatives. She does many things that are simply not acceptable for a lady to do. What is the one social breach she does not commit?
6. While Sophy meddles in Cecilia's romantic affairs, she is also disgusted with Charles' love life. Why is she determined to break up his engagement?
7. When Charles' brother falls into the hands of moneylenders, Sophy charges to the rescue. How does she convince the moneylender to stop his debt collection?
8. Although Sophy's outrageous behavior frequently irritates Charles, he can't help but notice her many good traits as well. Which act of kindness pierces his heart?
9. After a long struggle, Charles admits that he is in love with Sophy. He states that Sophy has the power to create many emotions within him and predicts that she will do all of the following EXCEPT:
10. In the end, the two sparring lovers are finally united. Sophy declares that Charles does not really love her, to which he replies:
Source: Author Pagiedamon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor MotherGoose
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.