Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although Venetia eventually finds happiness with a rakish Lord, her father would have preferred her to marry his godson. Who is this "worthy" suitor, the only man permitted to cross her father's threshold?
2. In "Cotillion", Kitty's guardian makes her his heiress on condition that she marry one of his great-nephews. Kitty enters into a fake engagement which eventually ripens into a real one. Who is the dashing rake that her guardian hopes she will marry, and who takes her too much for granted?
3. Another high-spirited heroine, in "The Grand Sophy" eventually ends up with her cousin Charles. However, she also unaccountably attracts the attentions of a dull young man, fond of recounting his Jamaican travels. Who is he?
4. In "The Talisman Ring", Eustacie de Vauban's grandfather instructs her to marry her cousin in his last hours, but she rejects him in favor of her more romantic cousin, Ludovic. Who is their unromantic cousin, who declines to ride ventre á terre to her imagined future deathbed? He finds a more suitable mate himself in Miss Sarah Thane.
5. Although Lady Serena eventually resumes her engagement to the Marquis of Rotherham, in "Bath Tangle", in the interim she meets her first love again. What is the name of the young man who eventually decides her stepmother is better suited to him?
6. Although not precisely a legitimate aspirant to her hand, Nell catches the eye of her cousin's crony in "The Tollgate." Who is this sinister thug, who lets her know he likes his women and horses "full of spirit?"
7. Frederica comes to London to find a husband for her sister Charis, and ends up with a Marquis for herself. However, it is the Marquis' nephew, described by her brother as "a prosy bore", who first offers for her.
8. Although she is already wed, a most ungentlemanly fellow makes it his quest to ruin Horatia. Who is this attractive but unsuccessful seducer in "The Convenient Marriage?"
9. Although the heroine, Drusilla Morville, is a prosaic young woman of no more than passable good looks, there is a diamond of the first water in "The Quiet Gentleman." Who aspires unsuccessfully, secretly, and murderously to the hand of Marianne?
10. Although she wed him under duress, on his deathbed, Miss Elinor Rochdale, "The Reluctant Widow", would most certainly have rejected the suit of her short lived husband under ordinary circumstances. What is the name of Lord Carlyon's cousin, whom she marries at his request, only to be widowed a few hours later?
Source: Author bexze
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor MotherGoose
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.