Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In "Sylvester or The Wicked Uncle", Phoebe Marlow does something unforgivable to the Duke of Salford. What does she do?
2. In "April Lady", Nell tries desperately to keep her husband, Lord Cardross, from finding out what she has done. What secret is she keeping from her husband?
3. When Max Ravenscar insults Deborah Grantham, in "Faro's Daughter", she determines to get revenge. How does she go about it?
4. After the untimely deaths of his eldest son and grandson, Lord Daracott is forced to send for his grandson Hugo, now his heir. Hugo's father was a black sheep second son who ran away and married beneath him. Hugo, "The Unknown Ajax", conceals something significant from Lord Daracott and his new-found family. What's his guilty secret?
5. When Sir Waldo Hawkridge, in "The Nonesuch", comes to settle the estate left him by the reclusive Mr. Calver, he meets Miss Ancilla Trent, governess to the beautiful Tiffany Wield. What secret does he conceal from her?
6. In "Venetia", orphaned Venetia Lanyon lives on her late father's country estate with her younger brother Aubrey. What family scandal is kept from her?
7. Prudence and Robin Merriot have plenty of secrets, each posing as a member of the opposite sex, under assumed names, and in hiding after the recent Jacobite rebellion. However, it is their father's secret which is revealed near the end of "The Masqueraders". What has "the old gentleman" been hiding?
8. When the wealthy Matthhew Penicuik makes his ward Kitty Charing his heiress, in "Cotillion", contingent on her marrying one of his great-nephews, what must she conceal from everyone?
9. Traveling to London, in "Arabella", for a season with her godmother, Arabella takes shelter with Mr. Beaumaris when her carriage breaks down. Taking umbrage at overhearing some of his remarks, she decides to misrepresent herself by telling him what?
10. One of the Fancot twins substitutes for his brother, the Earl of Denville, who has disappeared. The masquerade continues as the earl fails to return home. What indiscretion of their mother's did the earl set off to right?
Source: Author bexze
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.