Quiz about Georgette Heyer Quotes
Quiz about Georgette Heyer Quotes

Georgette Heyer Quotes Trivia Quiz


Test your Georgette Heyer knowledge.

A multiple-choice quiz by whatever111. Estimated time: 5 mins.
  1. Home
  2. »
  3. Quizzes
  4. »
  5. Literature Trivia
  6. »
  7. Authors H-K
  8. »
  9. Georgette Heyer

Author
whatever111
Time
5 mins
Type
Multiple Choice
Quiz #
65,906
Updated
Dec 03 21
# Qns
10
Difficulty
Tough
Avg Score
6 / 10
Plays
1019
Awards
Top 20% Quiz
This quiz has 2 formats: you can play it as a or as shown below.
Scroll down to the bottom for the answer key.
1. Who said: 'Well, you beautiful, bad-tempered thorn in my flesh'? Hint

Brigade-Major Harry Smith
Charles Rivenhall
Ivo Spencer Barrasford
Simon of Beauvallet

2. Who said: 'I feel an almost overwhelming interest in the methods of daylight abduction employed by the modern youth.'? Hint

Justin Alastair
Giles Merion
Marcus Drelincourt
Edward Carlyon

3. Who said: 'A wealthy fribble, three parts idiot, and the fourth - never mind'? Hint

Julian Audley
Sylvester Rayne
Charles Audley
Jasper Damerel

4. Who said: 'There is a corpse somewhere on the road to town. Mr. Fox does not want it there. Remove it.'? Hint

Captain Gideon Ware
Justin Alastair
Miles Calverleigh
Dominic Alastair

5. Who said: '...what do you mean by hugging and kissing me wife under me very eyes'? Hint

Jack Carstares
Captain Adam Deveril
Ashley Carrington
Miles O'Hara

6. 'My dear young greenhead,'said ---, with a touch of asperity, 'one can discover that a female is a dead bore in less than two hours!' Who is ---? Hint

Wilfred Steane
Julian Audley
Ashley Carrington
Jasper Damerel

7. Who said: 'Now tell me, do my eyes deceive me, or is there a suggestion - the merest hint - of a - really, I fear I must call it a bagginess - about the ankle'? Hint

Sir Gareth Ludlow
Julian Audley
Marcus Drelincourt
Frederick Standen

8. Who said: 'If someone would have the good-sense to inform me whether I am assisting at a tragedy or a farce I should be grateful'? Hint

Sir Tristam Shield
Robert Beaumaris
Jack Westruther
Max Ravenscar

9. Who said: 'If you can contrive to come out of what would appear to be a catalepsy, assemble the few wits God gave you and attend to me, I trust I may be able to allay your brotherly anxiety'? Hint

Phillip Jettan
Giles Merion
Sir Gareth Ludlow
Anthony Verelst

10. Who said: 'I hesitate to wound you...but the spectacle of a woman of your name, birth, and tradition, cold-bloodedly offering herself to the highest bidder is not one calculated to impress the world with a very strong notion of her pride'? Hint

Sir Richard Wyndham
Captain John Staples
Phillip Broome
Robert Beaumaris


(Optional) Create a Free FunTrivia ID to save the points you are about to earn:

arrow Select a User ID:
arrow Choose a Password:
arrow Your Email:




Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who said: 'Well, you beautiful, bad-tempered thorn in my flesh'?

Answer: Ivo Spencer Barrasford

2. Who said: 'I feel an almost overwhelming interest in the methods of daylight abduction employed by the modern youth.'?

Answer: Justin Alastair

Justin Alastair, Duke of Avon is talking to Mary Challoner about Dominic Alastair abducting her in 'Devil's Cub.'
3. Who said: 'A wealthy fribble, three parts idiot, and the fourth - never mind'?

Answer: Sylvester Rayne

The Duke of Salford talking to his mother about Sir Nugent Fotherby in 'Sylvester.'
4. Who said: 'There is a corpse somewhere on the road to town. Mr. Fox does not want it there. Remove it.'?

Answer: Dominic Alastair

The Marquis of Vidal talking to one of the footmen at Lady Montague's drum about a footpad he shot in 'Devil's Cub.'
5. Who said: '...what do you mean by hugging and kissing me wife under me very eyes'?

Answer: Miles O'Hara

Miles O'Hara talking to Jack Carstares in 'The Black Moth.'
6. 'My dear young greenhead,'said ---, with a touch of asperity, 'one can discover that a female is a dead bore in less than two hours!' Who is ---?

Answer: Wilfred Steane

Wilfred Steane to Viscount Desford's younger brother Simon Carrington, about the possiblility of Desford having cast Cherry Steane off in 'Charity Girl'.
7. Who said: 'Now tell me, do my eyes deceive me, or is there a suggestion - the merest hint - of a - really, I fear I must call it a bagginess - about the ankle'?

Answer: Marcus Drelincourt

8. Who said: 'If someone would have the good-sense to inform me whether I am assisting at a tragedy or a farce I should be grateful'?

Answer: Jack Westruther

Jack Westruther addressing the company just after the arrival of Freddy Standen on the scene when Dolph tried to hide again in 'Cotillion'.
9. Who said: 'If you can contrive to come out of what would appear to be a catalepsy, assemble the few wits God gave you and attend to me, I trust I may be able to allay your brotherly anxiety'?

Answer: Sir Gareth Ludlow

Sir Gareth Ludlow talking to Lady Hester Theale's brother in 'Sprig Muslin'.
10. Who said: 'I hesitate to wound you...but the spectacle of a woman of your name, birth, and tradition, cold-bloodedly offering herself to the highest bidder is not one calculated to impress the world with a very strong notion of her pride'?

Answer: Sir Richard Wyndham

Sir Richard Wyndham to his prospective fiancee in 'The Corinthian'.
Source: Author whatever111

This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.
Most Recent Scores
Today : Guest 46: 4/10
Dec 02 2022 : Guest 88: 2/10

Score Distribution

quiz
12/4/2022, Copyright 2022 FunTrivia, Inc. - Report an Error / Contact Us