Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Regency ton enjoyed many different kinds of entertainments. What kind of party had Lady Cardross promised to take her sister-in-law to that prevented her going down to the country with her husband?
2. Fashions of dress and hair changed almost as often as they do today. Jenny Chawleigh did her hair in a new style before her first assembly. Her husband approved, but how does he describe it?
3. Leaders of fashion could establish new trends overnight. In what way did Arabella start a fashion for the ton?
4. To waltz or not to waltz was a vexing question in Regency times. Which hostess was the first in Oversett to hold a waltzing ball?
5. The popular novel was an intriguing diversion. Heyer has her own author, Phoebe Marlow, who publishes her novel, 'The Lost Heir' anonymously. To which other Regency writer does Heyer compare her?
6. Riding and driving were important pastimes, as much for their social opportunities as for their own pleasure. What kind of vehicle does Miss Taverner purchase to drive in London, provoking the wrath of her guardian?
7. Ladies of the ton were expected to be sheltered from the less salubrious parts of society, though their husbands and brothers might choose to frequent them. Which of these was unfortunately missing from Lord Sheringham's list of places unsuitable for his wife to visit?
8. Coming from European society, some of the peculiarities of London ton were difficult for 'The Grand Sophy' to grasp. Which of these dreadful solecisms did she commit?
9. Gentlemen's fashion was subject to rules just as strict and even more complex than ladies'. Who wore a green velvet coat and a waistcoat embroidered with pink roses?
10. For what foodstuff were Vauxhall Gardens justly famous?
Source: Author rosc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.