Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The novel opens in the country as Lord Anthony, Viscount Sheringham is making an offer for the hand of the current season's beauty. Where is the Sheringham's family seat?
2. Why was Isabella Milborne "rusticating" in the country?
3. To say that Isabella is beautiful is an understatement. However, not all have fallen under her spell. Which one of these young blades could not be counted as par of her usual court?
4. It is no secret that the soon-to-be dowager Lady Sheringham would love to see Anthony marry Isabella. Which one was NOT one of the reasons stated to her brother, the contemptible Horace Paulett, to see the two joined in matrimony?
5. Besides Hero, Sherry has another unfailing worshiper in Jason, his tiger. How did Jason meet Sherry and subsequently come to be in his lordship's employ?
6. It was hardly proper for Hero to travel alone with the Viscount in his curricle since they should have half the countryside blabbing if they saw them driving off together. Once it was settled that they should suit, how did Hero travel to London to marry Sherry?
7. Valeria Sheringham would never willingly relinquish her town house to Hero and Sherry; besides, they both found it devilishly stuffy with the old furniture always under Holland covers. Where did Sherry settle they should take temporary lodgings after their wedding?
8. Sherry's friends each have a distinctive inclination. What is Gilbert Ringwood's propensity?
9. All of Sherry's friends gave Hero very thoughtful gifts on the occasion of their marriage, including a canary. What name did she bestow on the little bird?
10. Sherry thought it a capital idea to leave town shortly after the wedding. Which was NOT one of the reasons given for his post haste flight to Leicestershire?
11. The dowager Vicountess Sheringham, upon receiving the news of her son's marriage, is furious. She wastes no time making it known within the ton that she has been shamefully used. In which of the Almack's lady patronesses did she find support on this point?
12. Jason the tiger is a kleptomaniac. He's usually able to curb these instincts once his master warns him in advance not to filch from his friends. However, there is one item that exercises such fascination on the poor soul that he cannot help himself from pinching it. Which is it?
13. The newlyweds' first interview with the dowager Vicountess was not a success. Sherry, having no regards for his parent's nerves, promptly demanded the family jewels for his new wife. What did Hero unwittingly say to exacerbate the situation?
14. After the aborted curricle race debacle, Sherry resolved to send Hero to Sheringham Place to be tutored in the ways of the polite world by the dowager. Hero, of course with a reasonable aversion to her mama-in law, decided to take flight. His lordship, discerning the true nature of his feeling towards his wife, sets about to finding her. Which of the following was NOT one of the places he searched or thought of searching for Hero?
15. Sherry, still thinking of his wife as one of his comrades, brought her to a masquerade at Covent Garden. Shortly thereafter, he left her alone for closer inspection of a coy "saucy little piece" that he's been quizzing from afar. What was that Cyprian's name?
16. In their endless cat and mouse game, George has learned that Bella's favorite flower is the violet. Though out of season, George obtained a posy of those lovely buds and sent them to his beloved. Confident that she should know immediately their origin, he still thought it prudent to include a note. What flamboyant caption did his "billet doux" contain that gave Hero the giggles?
17. One can always count on Ferdy to lighten the mood in tense situations. When Sir Montagu Revesby was confronted by the girl claiming her baby was his and, to be sure, one had to just look at the infant to prove the very thing, what was Ferdy's rejoinder?
18. Hero, having lost terribly at play initiated by Mrs. Gillingham, resorted to moneylenders in her effort to shield Sherry from having to pay her debts, as his lordship is himself "badly dipped" after settling day at Tattersall's. What was the name of the establishment which Hero applied to in order to allay her money woes?
19. Who/what is the Brixham Pet?
20. Mr Tarleton, fully alive to the charms of young, romantic Ms. Wantage, has settled on a most dashing elopement plan for the owner of his heart. How did Sherry discover Mr. Tarleton's playful abduction of his wife?
Source: Author bazolian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.