Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 'Three Act Tragedy' three people die from nicotine poisoning. The first is Stephen Babbington, the second is Dr Bartholomew Strange...but who is the third?
2. In 'A Caribbean Mystery', three murders occur. The first is Major Palgrave. But who are the second and third murder victims?
3. 'Cards on the Table' - four sleuths, four apparently successful murderers. What is the name of the man that Major Despard is meant to have killed to earn himself a place at the macabre party?
4. 'And Then There Were None' features ten deaths, eight murders, two suicides and ten murderers. Who is the seventh person to die on the island (although we believe at the time that he is the eighth)? He dies from a head injury from a falling bear clock.
5. In 'Five Little Pigs', who is the 'pig who ate roast beef'? She ends up wealthy and with apparently everything you could ever want - except happiness. Her murder of Amyas Crale is also responsible for her ongoing misery.
6. 'Murder is Easy' (AKA 'Easy to Kill'). Rather surprisingly, one of Christie's most prolific killers is apparently a sweet, somewhat dithery elderly lady, Miss Waynflete. In total she kills seven people: Tommy Pierce, Amy Gibbs, Mr Carter, Dr Humbleby, Miss Pinkerton, Rivers the chauffeur and...who? They were the first victim.
7. In what year was Christie's first novel, 'The Mysterious Affair at Styles', originally published?
8. In 'The Big Four', Poirot and Hastings discover the identities of all four of the key figures in the organisation: Abe Ryland, Madame Olivier and Li Chang Yen are the first three but what is the real name of Number Four?
9. The murderers in 'Halloween Party' manage to kill an awful lot of people between them. Who is the last victim in the novel?
10. And finally an odd one out question! Christie uses poison in a fair few of her novels. Out of these four victims, three are poisoned and one is not. Which is the odd one out? (I've put the poison that affects them after the name to help point the way.)
Source: Author secretsiren
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.