Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first inter-title tells us, "The Flower of Love could find no more romantic spot in which to blossom than in this poet's Dream Garden." What exactly is the "Dream Garden" setting for this love story?
2. The film opens with Buster and Virginia on either side of the barrier between them. What are they doing?
3. Both sets of parents come outside, and clearly don't approve of the romance. Virginia gets chased away by her father, and Buster gets dragged away by the ear by his mother. Then the parents set into quarreling with their respective spouses. How do the two young lovers come together after the cruel parting?
4. Big Joe catches Buster and Virginia together. Buster makes himself scarce. Or he tries to, anyway. What goes wrong with Buster's getaway?
5. By this mishap and that, Buster ends up with his head stuck in the ground, while his father tries to dislodge him. First Joe fetches a pickax, but thinks better of using it. He grabs his son by the legs and tries to yank him out of the ground -- which might work better if he weren't standing on Buster's arms. Big Joe yells to Buster's father that he knows a better way to do something. What?
6. The next set of gags revolve around Buster's dirty face and a cop he beaned by accident. How does Buster eventually get free from the cops?
7. Back home, Buster rigs a board to smack Big Joe automatically. Big Joe thinks Buster's father is smacking him. The two men end up fighting and getting hauled off by the cops. Buster, identified as the original source of the trouble, gets grabbed as well, but manages to give the cops the slip. But he's discovered in his hiding place. What gives him away?
8. Both families get dragged before the judge, and the fathers have to sign a peace bond. While their parents bicker, Buster proposes to Virginia, and she accepts. What happens that knocks the judge right off his seat?
9. A nervous Buster dresses for his nuptials. But alas for Buster, his suspenders break. His baggy trousers -- with room enough for two of him -- keep falling down. A clothespin doesn't help. Stealing the preacher's belt doesn't help. How does he finally get his pants to stay up?
10. Big Joe notices that the ring is from a 5 and 10 cent store -- so cheap he can crush it between his thumb and forefinger. He stops the wedding short, grabs Virginia and drags her home. Buster's mother grabs him by the ear and drags him upstairs. Do Buster and Virginia manage to finish the wedding ceremony?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.