Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Wings" won Best Picture at the 1st Academy Awards in 1927. What was unique about it?
2. "Ever pick your feet in Poughkeepsie?" was a Popeye Doyle catchphrase in the 1971 Best Picture, "The French Connection". Who did Popeye work for?
3. The song, "Thank Heaven for Little Girls", was from which Best Picture winner?
4. "Forrest Gump" was the 1994 Best Picture winner. Forrest does many things in his lifetime. Which of these does Forrest NOT do?
5. What was the gentleman's agreement in "Gentleman's Agreement"?
6. In the 1945 Best Picture winner, "The Lost Weekend", the main character is a writer who hawks his typewriter for fast cash. Why does he need quick money?
7. What black and white Best Picture features Captain Dreyfus, an innocent man who is unjustly convicted and sent to prison on Devil's Island?
8. Which of the following movies was NOT a Best Picture winner?
9. Winston Churchill said this Best Picture winner did more for the war effort than a flotilla of destroyers. What is the name of this film?
10. Which of these quotes is NOT correctly matched with its Best Picture?
Source: Author toekneek
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.