Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We open with Fatty, the drifter, who has hitched a ride on a train. Where is he hiding?
2. When the brakemen catch Fatty stealing their dinner, they chase him along the train and finally toss him off. He wanders off in the desert, in search of water. What does he do to show us how thirsty he is?
3. Buster Keaton is the owner of the Last Chance Saloon, where the cowboys come to drink, dance, and gamble. His firewater "cures all known ills." Buster uses it as an eyewash, as a drink, and for what else?
4. Next we meet Al's character -- a mean desperado named Wild Bill Hiccup. How does he light his cigarette?
5. When Al's gang bursts in, Buster is as cowed as his patrons. But his bartender tries to play hero, leaping out with his own gun drawn. Al shoots him dead. Buster's only response is to casually set up a sign reading "Bartender Wanted". Fatty, fleeing the Indians, bursts in and bowls Al over, snatching his guns and shooting up the place. He runs off Al and the gang. When Fatty comes back inside, what does he want from Buster?
6. The cowboys had followed Fatty outside to watch him drive Al and the gang of outlaws away. They return to the saloon and amuse themselves, only to have their idea of fun broken up by Alice, the Salvation Army lady. What does she scold them for?
7. Alice falls for Fatty, for no apparent reason. But Al returns with his gang, ready to prove himself after his earlier humiliation. He begins to manhandle Alice rudely. Buster tries to intervene but is nearly made to swallow his cigar. He threatens Al with his revolver, only to have Al break the gun in half and cast it aside. But Fatty has a plan -- send Al "on a visit to the cellar". Buster opens the trap door. What does Fatty do?
8. After his failed attempts to put Al through the trap door, Fatty figures out Al's Achilles heel. What does he do to thwart Al?
9. Al returns to kidnap Alice, hauling her off on his horse to his hideout. What does he do with Alice once he has her in his lair?
10. While Buster engages in a shoot-out with Al's gang, Fatty and Alice get rid of Al by shoving his hideout off a cliff. When it comes to rest at the bottom, splintered, what does Al do?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.