Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The original "Planet of the Apes" film starred Charlton Heston as an astronaut named Taylor who crash lands on a world he cannot understand; a world that is ruled by primates. Roddy McDowall gave a memorable performance as well, playing the part of what primate character in the movie?
2. In "Planet of the Apes" (1967), after their ship crash lands in the water, Taylor and two other astronauts abandon the ship. As the ship is filling up with water, there is one astronaut who will not be leaving the ship since they are already dead. Name this character.
3. Released in 1967, "Planet of the Apes" spawned numerous sequels, reboots, a television series and a whole line of action figures and more. But, let's keep this question simple. What was the name of the movie sequel immediately following the original "Planet of the Apes"?
4. The character of Cornelius, the sympathetic and intelligent chimpanzee, is present in a number of the "Planet of the Apes" movies. Who played the role of Cornelius in "Beneath the Planet of the Apes"?
5. In the midst of all the mania surrounding "The Planet of the Apes" movies, there was a revival of interest in the movie franchise resulting in a remake directed by Tim Burton appropriately called "Planet of the Apes" (2001). Like the original, the story involves an astronaut crash landing on a planet run by apes. Who played the part of the astronaut in the remake?
6. The character of Armando is introduced in "Escape From the Planet of the Apes" in 1971. Armando would also appear in the sequel, "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" in 1972. What is the name of the well known actor who played the part of Armando?
7. In "Escape from the Planet of the Apes", we see that the year has changed as Cornelius and Zira have traveled back in time to present day Earth. There is also a third chimpanzee who travels back in time with them named Dr. Milo. Name the actor who played Dr. Milo.
8. In "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes", we see that all of the dogs and cats have been killed off by a mysterious virus. This results in the apes becoming replacement pets for the missing dogs and cats. Sadly for the apes, this also results in the apes becoming slaves. What is the name of the actor who played the cruel Governor Breck, who encouraged violence as a means of controlling the apes?
9. The final movie of the original "Planet of the Apes" series came out in 1973 and starred Claude Akins. In this movie we see that the apes and the humans are trying to live peaceably with one another but ultimately the tensions between the two races reaches a boiling point which results in bloodshed. Name this movie.
10. Paul Williams is best known as a Grammy and Academy award winning songwriter. Here are just a few of the famous songs he has written: "We've Only Just Begun", "Evergreen" and the theme to the television show "The Love Boat". However, what is the name of the "Ape" movie in which he had a co-starring role?
Source: Author skevino
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.