Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The titular cook works in a beach-front cafe. Whose character is the restaurant named after?
2. Why is Roscoe, our cook, crying as the film opens?
3. Buster, the waiter, suffers his first mishap shortly after we're introduced to him. He's flirting with Alice, the cashier, which leads his boss to shove him into the kitchen. What befalls him there?
4. Dragged out of the kitchen by the seat of the pants, Buster turns his attention to his customers. What does he give the first woman?
5. Roscoe never hands anything to Buster. He tosses things instead, right over the top of a set of shelves that divide the kitchen. The dishwasher even gets into the act briefly, tossing Buster a plate to catch a flying pancake on. A cup of coffee, a plate of pancakes, a bowl of soup, even ham and eggs on toast with a glass of milk, all go flying through the greasy air. Do any of them get spilled or dropped in all this tossing?
6. Buster serves the second lady customer her soup, then turns his attention to the third customer, who has her back to us. He gives her a slightly puzzled look, then does something strange to her that she finds annoying. What is it?
7. Soon a dancer appears, and Buster, seduced by her music, begins dancing with her. What style (or popular conception of a style) of dance does he do?
8. Soon Roscoe joins the dance, bedecking himself with kitchen items and spoofing Theda Bara's performance in "Salome" (1918) and "Cleopatra" (1917). Of course, to be Cleopatra, he needs an asp. What does he use?
9. Al St. John makes his entrance as "The toughest guy in the world". He grabs Alice and forces her to dance with him -- spinning her around and smacking Buster in the head with her feet. Buster responds by grabbing a bottle to use as a weapon and accosting the tough guy. How does Al respond?
10. Of course, they have to get rid of Al somehow, so they sic Luke on him. Luke grabs him by the seat of the pants. Al flees, chased by Luke who pursues him right into the next day, up a ladder and onto the roof. There, Luke knocks Al through a skylight. He falls into the restaurant. What are the boss and his three workers doing when Al lands?
11. When they get a day off, Roscoe goes fishin' and Buster goes courtin'. But they both wind up at the same place. What is it?
12. Roscoe finally arrives at the beach with Luke, and sets in to fishing. What does he reel in?
13. Of course, tough guy Al has to show up again, threatening Alice. She flees from him, only to get trapped where?
14. In his quest to rescue Alice, Buster grabs a rope and runs -- only to end up flipping over when it turns out that the rope is fastened at the other end. Roscoe spots a life preserver -- but there's a problem. Why can't Roscoe use the life preserver to save Alice?
15. The last surviving prints don't have the ending, so the DVD ends with a summary from the press kit. What happens to the tough guy at the end?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.