Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's make it interesting: Let's limit my propensity to mishear lyrics just to The Beatles' songs.
"She's got a stick in her eye and she don't care" is not the correct lyric from a Number One Beatles hit in 1965. What is the correct name of the song?
2. "Jo Jo was a man who thought he was a woman but Sara knew it wouldn't last" is a misheard lyric from "Get Back" (1969). What is the correct lyric?
3. The following misheard lyrics: "Pay for that Chrysler"; "Paint the black whiter"; "Take the back right turn", all refer to the same line in the same song which in fact, when sung correctly, contains the actual song title. What is the name of the song?
4. "She was a gay stripper" was a misheard lyric from a double A single with "We Can Work It Out" (1965). What was the name of the song with the misheard lyrics?
5. "A pretty nurse is loading bodies on a train" is pretty macabre for a Beatles' lyric. The misheard lyric is from "Penny Lane" (1966), a bright upbeat tune. What is the correct lyric?
6. Sometimes my misheard lyric makes more sense than the actual lyric. For example when I sing "My Guru days are gone", this makes more sense than "Jai guru deva om" which was the real lyric. Which Beatles' song does this line come from?
7. My ignorance in singing the wrong Beatles' lyric was not just restricted to Lennon-McCartney compositions; other Beatles' tunes written by other artists also featured in my repertoire. Which song did the misheard lyric, "I've got a back seat, you can use it" come from?
8. Similarly, my total ignorance of Beatles' lyrics did not stop when the Beatles broke up. The following misheard lyrics are from four songs, one written and sung by each ex-Beatle. Which lyric belongs to a George Harrison song?
9. I am a champion of the underdog, so it is no wonder that I mistakenly sang "I live for all the ugly people" from the radically different "Eleanor Rigby" (1966). What is the correct lyric?
10. One of The Beatles' most famous songs, certainly one of the most descriptive, is one of the most corrupted by misheard lyrics. All the following "lyrics" are 'wrong' lyrics from the same song:
"The girl with colitis goes by..."
"Please watch out, your Blackberry died"
"Snoopy in the sky with Linus".
What is the actual title of this song?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.