Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Carl is driving in his car and suddenly he realizes that a familiar song comes over the radio. "Once, there was a way to get back homeward/ Once, there was a way to get back home / Sleep, pretty darling, do not cry / And I will sing a lullaby". "It must be the Beatles" he mumbles. He is raking his brains to remember the title but ...nothing. Can you please help Carl identify the song?
2. Johnny gets in a clothes shop and he can hear a song playing: "Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout / The pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray / And though she feels as if she's in a play / She is anyway". It does sound familiar to Johnny but he just can't place the tune. He goes up to shop assistant and asks "Can you please tell me the title of this song by the Beatles?"
3. Lydia is sitting in the front room when her brother's mobile starts playing: "I want a love that's right / Right is only half of what's wrong / I want a short-haired girl / Who sometimes wears it twice as long" . She knows that this is part of a Beatles' song as her brother has just discovered them and continuously changes his ring tones. Which one is it?
4. Sarah is walking in the park when she hears a song that goes like: "The Hendersons will all be there / Late of Pablo Fanques' Fair-what a scene". She stops to listen better and she tries to work out the title. She smiles to herself and says "Beatles. It is a track on the 'Sgt. Pepper' album". Sarah knows the title but do you?
5. As Richard enters the football stadium he can hear a song over the stadium's PA system: "Friday night arrives without a suitcase / Sunday morning creeping like a nun / Monday's child has learned to tie his bootlace / See how they run". Richard knows that the song is by the Beatles and the next two words he hears confirm it. What two words did Richard hear?
6. Timothy walks in the kitchen and he hears his father singing: "She asked me to stay and she told me to sit anywhere / So I looked around and I noticed there wasn't a chair". Timothy goes "Hey dad, another Beatles song? Which one is it this time"?
7. Samantha is watching a television documentary about the Beatles. Her mum walks in the room and she hears: "Then we'd lie beneath the shady tree / I love her and she's loving me / She feels good, she knows she's looking fine / I'm so proud to know that she is mine." She immediately bursts into song along with the chorus. What is the chorus which is also the title of the song?
8. "Darling Peter", says Peggy to her husband, "can you remember the Beatles song with the lyrics: 'He bad production, he got walrus gumboot / He got Ono sideboard, he one spinal cracker / He got feet down below his knee / Hold you in his arms,yeah, you can feel his disease'?" "Yes I do. It is ______" replies Peter. What was Peter's answer?
9. George and Martin like to go to quizzes. This particular time it is a music one. The quiz masters play part of a song and you have to identify the title and the artist. The song starts: "Joan was quizzical; studied paraphysical / Science in the home. / Late nights all alone with a test tube. / Oh, oh, oh, oh." Martin immediately says "The Beatles" and George says "Yes. But which song?"
10. The quiz masters are having fun. As part of a musical quiz they have a "Beatles Tribute" section. They like to play the opening of a song and cut it just before the title is revealed. The opening of this particular song is: "Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota / There lived a young boy named". What is the title of the song?
Source: Author gme24
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.