Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who had a number one hit single in 1973 with "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree"?
2. "The Trail of the Lonesome Pine" was a surprise hit for which double act in 1975?
3. Which band has recorded hit singles with "A Life Less Ordinary" and "Shining Light"?
4. Which of these is the correct title of a Scott Joplin composition?
5. Which of these singers is most associated with this song?
"Strange fruit hangin'
From the poplar trees
Of the gallant south."
6. These lyrics are taken from a Neneh Cherry song; which type of tree is missing?
"Got a ___ growing in the garden,
Always climbing the tree is the morphine.
Got a view of the love and I'm chillin'
Got a view of the hem of the horizon."
7. The great Joan Armatrading now; which one of these tree titles was a tremendous album track and usually featured in her live shows?
8. Complete this KT Tunstall single title, "Black Horse and the ___ Tree".
9. Gene Pitney sang about "24, ___" what is the missing tree?
10. I just had to finish with this one;
"There are so many different kinds of conifer trees.
This is just a few of them:
Spruce, hemlocks, larch, cyprus, juniper,
Fir, Douglas fir, cedar, yew,
Pine, the dwarf conifer,
And the great California sequoia redwood."
Can you name the act?
Source: Author Mutchisman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.