Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Guitarist Jimmy Page migrated from The Yardbirds into one of the most popular rock groups of all time. Which was this group?
2. "Demons and Wizards" was a popular album by this 70s band.
3. Featuring Ozzy Osbourne on vocals, this founder of heavy metal released the successful album "Paranoid".
4. This progressive rock group had hits with "Karn Evil 9" and "Lucky Man".
5. Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood were behind this British rock band who used a wide variety of instruments.
6. This guitarist, formerly of Humble Pie, made wide use of the guitar effect, the talkbox.
7. This American singer-songwriter released hits such as "Fire and Rain" and "Carolina in My Mind".
8. Heard often on the radio, this rock band released songs such as "More Than a Feeling" and "Peace of Mind".
9. This glam rock band had their biggest hit with "All the Young Dudes" which was written for them by David Bowie.
10. This former Beatle debuted his solo career with the triple album, "All Things Must Pass".
11. This punk band contained the members Johnny, Dee Dee, Joey, and Tommy.
12. "Just What I Needed" and "My Best Friend's Girl" were songs by what new wave artist?
13. Paul Rodgers, of Free, and Mick Ralphs, of Mott the Hoople, were part of this English supergroup.
14. This rock band released the song "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" off their album "Agents of Fortune".
15. This soft rock band had hits such as "The Guitar Man", "Make it With You", and "If".
16. This English pianist released popular albums such "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and "Honky Chateau".
17. This pianist from Long Island, New York, released the album "The Stranger", which produced many hits including the title track.
18. "Can't Buy A Thrill" was the debut album of this American rock band.
19. Billy Gibbons fronted this blues rock band from Texas, known for their long beards.
20. This soft rock band that started in England had a major hit with "Horse With No Name".
21. This English singer-songwriter converted to Islam in 1977 and changed his name to Yusuf Islam.
22. From Jamaica, Bob Marley was one of the most popular reggae musicians, but what was his back up band?
23. This country/folk guitarist once belonged to the Chad Mitchell Trio. His song "Leaving on a Jet Plane" became a hit for Peter, Paul, and Mary.
24. This Australian hard rock band is known for their raw energy and the school uniform worn by their guitarist Angus Young.
25. This power pop band from the USA were popular in Japan.
Source: Author drinkboron
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.