Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Australian rock band Hunters & Collectors released a track in 1984 which failed to chart in their homeland. It was re-released in 1986 to minor success and then again in 1990 when it achieved its best chart position. Which track was this?
2. In 2008, "Dog Days Are Over" peaked at number 89 in the UK charts. Fast forward to 2010 though and the re-released track entered the same chart at number 23. Which band found success with the track?
3. Which song of unrequited love disappointingly reached only number 51 on the Billboard Hot 100 in USA in 1971, but stormed to number ten on the same chart, when it was re-released in its entirety the following year?
4. Family band the Corrs had a number two hit in UK in 1999, with which track that was reissued and remixed following its disappointing showing in 1995?
5. "Need You Tonight" (1987) was not a hit in UK, reaching only number 58 on the chart. On its re-release just a year later though the song reached number two on the same chart. Which band brought us this track?
6. Guns N' Roses have had several UK hits, but which track from their "Appetite For Destruction" (1987) album was only a top 30 hit after being re-released following the success of "Sweet Child O' Mine" (1988)?
7. Which Ariana Grande track reached number 19 on the Scottish charts in 2015 and then reached number one on the same chart when re-released in 2017?
8. Which track by AC/DC peaked on UK charts at number 127 in 1980, only to get all the way to number 15 on the same chart just a year later?
9. What was the title of the Moody Blues track that didn't even enter the Billboard Hot 100 in USA when initially released in 1967, but reached the heady heights of number two on the same chart when re-released in 1972?
10. "Lovefool" (1996) was a minor hit in many countries for Swedish band The Cardigans when first released. In 1997 though it was re-released and became a huge international hit, thanks to its inclusion in which hit movie?
Source: Author 480154st
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.