Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Johnny Rivers sang: "To him you were nothing but a little plaything, not much more than an overnight fling....
2. In 1960, Connie Francis sang "The Tears I cry for you could fill an ocean, But you don't care how many tears I cry..."
3. In 1957, Pat Boone crooned "On a day like today, We pass the time away..."
4. In 1959 the Platters took this popular tune to #1. "They asked me how I knew, My true love was true, I of course replied, something here inside, cannot be denied"
5. In 1960, Johnny Tillotson had a huge success with the following toe- tapping tune. "When I see my baby,What do I see?...."
6. The Four Seasons had many hits in the 60s. This song made it to #6 in 1964. "I'll go on living and keep on forgiving, because, you were my first love..."
7. This timely tune could also apply to today: "The eastern world, it is explodin', Violence flarin', bullets loadin'."
8. In 1966 Jimmy Ruffin had his first hit with this great tune: "As I walk this land with broken dreams, I have visions of many things...."
9. In 1961, Smokey Robinson sang this 'warning': "When I became of age, my mother called me to her side. She said, son you're growing up now, pretty soon, you'll take a bride..."
10. Referred to as the "White Lady Of Soul", Dusty Springfield had her first commercial success with this song in 1964. "I don't know what it is that makes me love you so. I only know I never wanna let you go..."
Source: Author coopcooper
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.