Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It wasn't his first hit... but it was Nat King Cole's first Number One on the Billboard best-Seller chart. What was the name of this 1946 release?
2. Once the hits started coming they didn't stop. Nat charted with over 100 singles as well as albums. All of Nat's hits, from his first in 1943 until his final one in 1966 were for the same record label. What label was it?
3. Hard to believe, but Nat sang the theme song for this 1954 movie and had a hit record with it.
4. In 1956 Nat made the newspapers across the USA... and several other countries. What happened?
5. In 1957 Nat became the first African-American to host a network television variety show in the U.S.A. Why did the show come to a close after just one year?
6. In 1957 Nat made the Billboard "Top 20" with a cover of one of crooner Vaughn Monroe's biggest hits. What song was that?
7. In 1959 rock 'n' roller Conway Twitty made the record charts with an upbeat version of one of Nat's most famous songs. What song was it?
8. Nat was extremely popular in Latin America as well as the U.S.A. In fact he recorded three "Spanish themed" albums. What was the name of his first Spanish LP?
9. Nat's songs have been in over 200 movies and Nat, himself, appeared in almost two dozen films. In which of these classic films did he (briefly) appear?
10. In 1965 Nat had a role in the comedy-western movie "Cat Ballou." Who sang the theme song with him in the film's memorable opening sequence?
Source: Author JRooowe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.