Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first verse of this song, as sung by an Australian folk group, The Seekers in 1965, featured the voice of lead singer vocalist, Judith Durham:
"In existence in an unknown location is a planet that is a novelty
That is referred to as the earth that has been covenanted.
Additionally, my being will exist in that place at a future date
On the condition that you agree to clutch the appendage at the end of my arm.
It is necessary on my part to have you in that place standing parallel to me
Regardless of what actions I take
Because I am fully aware that I have no hope of locating anyone that is an exact clone of yourself."
2. Which of these songs was written by Del Shannon, and was a U.S. number nine hit in 1964 for the British duo of Peter Asher and Gordon Waller, who had hits with all of the choices given:
"As I observe the lady approaching from a location further along the road
I become very nervous and feel absolutely puny
I conduct a monologue with the bodily organs with which I am able to see
and inform them to 'Observe things in the opposite direction'
However, since they are instruments of vision, they cannot use auditory signals to any effect.
And I fall into tiny fragments and I desire to conceal myself;
Fall into tiny fragments and I nearly reach my demise
On each occasion that my infant advances near to me."
3. The Boxtops performed this song that became a U.S. 1967 number one hit. See if you can determine the name of this tune, based on the following convoluted lyrics:
"Fork over a token for a flight on jet to me,
I do not have the allotment of hours to ride on a speedy locomotive.
Dawn-to-dusk times of abandonment exist no longer, I am traveling to my abode,
For the toddler of mine has duly composed a note to me."
4. This rather lengthy set of pseudo-lyrics needs no introduction, other than to say that the song was extremely popular during the '60s "psychedelic" period:
"A single capsule causes you to increase in stature, and another capsule causes you to decrease in size.
Also, the capsules that your maternal parental unit provides you with have no effect whatsoever.
Go inquire of a young female character who appeared in a book written by Charles L. Dodgson; at a time that she is standing nearly as high as a ceiling.
If you additionally engage in furtively pursuing lagomorphs, and you realize that you are bound to take a tumble;
Inform those around you that a butterfly larva that puffs on a water pipe has beckoned you with his voice.
Inquire of the female character created by Charles L. Dodgson when she was merely a very vertically challenged person."
5. This song was the first hit that the six men known as The Association landed at the number seven slot on U.S. music charts in 1966.
"On each occasion that I believe that I'm the most solitary person in the world
Another person sends a verbal message to me
And once in a while I engage in writing words that sound alike and poetry
I also blame those character flaws in myself
And unexpectedly, nearing my position approaches a woman who has the same name as Jesus' mother..."
6. This hit by Bobby Vee had been written by Carole King and Gerry Goffin. See if you can decipher my version of the lyrics to this one...
"There are salty drops of water that are streaming from my eyes
For the very good reason that you have removed a female from my presence.
And although it causes me to have an enormous amount of pain,
I feel compelled to make an announcement that might be construed as a request -
Ensure the safety of the wee one who belongs to me."
7. "Esteemed Gentleman or Lady, could I interest you in perusing my tome?
It was a long time in the making, literally years; would you please take a glance at it?
The storyline has its foundations in novel by another person, a gentleman who surname is Lear.
And I am seeking employment, so I am pursuing the career of an author who composes fictional stories that appear in a much less expensive format than in hardcover form."
Based on the "lyrics" mentioned above, can you determine the name of this 1966 Beatles' song?
8. Well, you probably expect me to pull out something sneaky at about this point, don't you?
(I see that you've taken my quizzes before!)
So, now that you're prepped - the next to last verse of this song by Herman's Hermits goes like this... Sort of.
"Therefore use your audio sensors in a vigilant manner
Approach nearer at this time and it will become obvious to you what my intentions are
It has nothing to do with images that appear during sleep.
The sole auditory factor that will be available to you
Will consist of when I speak softly under my breath into the trumpet-shaped orifice that is on the side of your head and relay this thought:
'I adore you for the rest of eternity.'
9. 1964 found a Smokey Robinson/Ronald White song peaking at the number one position on the music charts in the U.S. It proved to be this group's first number one hit. I'm not going to ask you to tell me what the name of the group was, but I will tell you that information later. Right now, you just focus on these lyrics, and maybe you'll know who sang it before I tell you!
"I possess brightness on a day in which clouds fill the sky
When the ambient temperature is frigid I possess a springtime month.
I suppose you might tell me
'How on earth could you touch in this manner?'
The young female who belongs to me. The young female who belongs to me. The young female who belongs to me.
Referring to the young female who belongs to me. The young female who belongs to me."
10. Can you peg the title of this 1964 hit song by Petula Clark, based on the following lyrics?
"At such times that you are without companionship
And the act of breathing is causing you to be forlorn
You always have the ability to travel to the heart of the city.
At the times that you experience anxieties
The collective affect of racket and bustle
Appear to aid you, I am aware, in the heart of the city."
Source: Author logcrawler
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.