Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What soul singer, also known as "The Mad Man from Macon" and "The King of Soul," originally wrote "Respect"?
2. Whose modified version of "Respect" became her signature song and was named the fifth "greatest song of all time" by Rolling Stone magazine in 2004, and the number one greatest song in the magazine's updated 2021 list?
3. The original version of "Respect" does not have the "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" chorus.
4. Diana Ross and the Supremes joined what bestselling, all-male Motown group in a live performance of "Respect" on the 1968 Mowtown television special "TCB"?
5. Who recorded a cover of "Respect" in her kind of country style on her self-titled 1988 album?
6. In 2012, Melanie Amara recorded a version of "Respect" alongside Elton John for the joy of what soda?
7. "What you want, ____, you got it / And what you need, ____, you got it." What endearments are missing from these blanks?
8. "Do me ____, honey, if you wanna / You can do me ____, honey, while I'm gone." What word is missing from the blank?
9. "Hey, little girl, you're so sweeter than honey / And I'm about to just give you all my ____." What's the singer about to give her?
10. What soul singer saw fit to cover "Respect" on his seventh studio album?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.