Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. He's known as "The Killer" but he is a rock and roll and country legend with a piano style all his own. Who is this Louisiana born performer?
2. This "Piano Man" loves you "Just The Way You Are". Who is this virtuoso pianist, singer and composer?
3. This country piano legend had a huge crossover hit with a beautiful instrumental called "Last Date". Who was he?
4. Sir Elton John is arguably one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time and his virtuoso piano accompaniment to his vocals adds to his artistry. But what is his real name?
5. Underneath all his flamboyance, Liberace was an amazing pianist who could transcend all genres of music. He always closed his TV shows, and his live performances, with this lovely standard. What was that closing song?
6. What singer/songwriter/pianist was known as "The Silver Fox"?
7. Barry Manilow is one of my favorite performers. He has won many awards in the industry, including a "Clio" award. What does the Clio award honor?
8. Victor Borge was not only a brilliant classical pianist who served many times as a guest conductor of orchestras all over the world. He was also one of the funniest men ever to grace a stage. In what country was Victor Borge born?
9. The ragtime music of Scott Joplin was brought back to light when it was the backdrop for the movie "The Sting". What pianist/composer/arranger performed his arrangements of such pieces as "The Entertainer", "Easy Winners" and "Solace" for the movie?
10. As I write this quiz "A Charlie Brown Christmas" has just aired. Who is the jazz pianist responsible for the music for this, and other, "Peanuts' specials?
Source: Author Bob9491
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.